The Hawaii County Fair starts tonight for 4 days. I’ll be watching to see if the ‘EK Fernandez curse’ holds up. Every time the fair comes to Hilo, we have torrential rains that make the fairgrounds and the parking area a muddy mess. I remember last spring we were literally walking in ankle-deep water in the rain to each ride. Of course we still go. We do a lot of activities in the sweet, warm Hilo rain. Don’t worry, I’ll be sending my husband and son to report back to me while I slave here in front of my puter.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- Go! Airlines has caused a sustained lowering of interisland fares by about half for months now, and they are now getting into the commuter flight business.
- Not fair! El Nino supressed hurricanes in the Atlantic but encourages them in the Pacific?
- Hmmmm, I wonder if the Big Hotels on Maui are cutting back their lawn watering in response to the call to conserve water.
- Well, first the Army caused Oahu’s worst traffic jam in memory, and now they are bulldozing protective buffers around ancient Hawaiian temples. As a former soldier I welcome their presence here, but still think someone needs to get it together somewhere.
- So, if a beach gets bigger, the adjacent landowner gets the land, not the state. So, what happens when lava adds 300 acres next to my family parcel?
- You know, when I first moved here unemployment on the Big Island was something like 11%. Big Difference.